A guide to using the assessment tools
Affordable Rental Housing SEPP (2009) Assessment Tool
This webtool is for the assessment of both residential flat buildings and boarding houses. To do any of the tasks listed, follow the steps indicated below.
To assess a residential flat building:
- Select the panel "About the RFB dwellings", select the suburb and quarter of DA lodgement, and fill in the table with data about the dwellings.
- Select the tab according to the purpose of the DA: Alterations and Additions, Strata Subdivision Only, Alterations and Additions plus Strata Subdivision or Demolition of the building. Each of the pages will calculate the number of low-rental bedrooms that are lost under each of the different scenarios.
To assess a boarding house:
- Select the panel "About the BH rooms", select the suburb and quarter of DA lodgement, and fill in the table with data about the rooms.
- Select the panel "BH Financial Viability" to determine the viability of the premises according to the policy. The resulting Rental Yield is used to determine the contribution for loss of rooms if appropriate.
To determine measures to assist residents who may be displaced as a result of the development:
- Select the panel 'Assisting Residents', and then select the purpose of the application being considered - residential flat building scenarios or a boarding house. Input data about the existing tenants in each of the dwellings. Examples of typical assistance measures are indicated.
To determine monetary contributions that may be required to offset the loss of low-rental accommodation:
- Select the panel 'Contributions', and then select the purpose of the application being considered - residential flat building scenarios or a boarding house. The contribution amount will be calculated, taking into account the purpose of the application.